We all dream of a life that is full of happiness, joy and love. We all wish for a life that fulfills us. We all have a certain vision of our dream life in mind. But fact is that only the least of us really live this vision. Why is that? Why are we settling for less when we know that there’s more to life? Why don’t we just chase after our dreams, risking anything but therefore winning everything?
“Believe in your infinite potential. Your only limitations are those you set upon yourself.”
Roy T. Bennett
Let me tell you: You CAN create the life of your dreams. There is nothing that can stop you, if you put your mind and heart, your whole being in it. As the writer Roy T. Bennett perfectly puts it into words, the only limitations you have are those you set upon yourself. It’s that simple. Simple but yet I understand it’S not always that easy. Sometimes it is a process that can take up several years. And sometimes, even if you have the drive in you to really wanting to change your current life and create the life you’ve always been dreaming of, you just don’t know how and where to begin.
This is what this article is about. I want to give you 3 first steps to start manifesting your dream life. It is how I began my journey and which helped me to build a fundamental basis in order to get into the phase of bringing the vision I have in my to life.
STEP 1: (GET TO) KNOW YOURSELF IN ORDER TO MANIFEST YOUR DREAM LIFE
Knowing yourself is the basis of everything. It takes some courage to really get “on the ground” of your inner core. To deal with your deepest fears and desires. To admit certain things to yourself. The process of getting to know yourself, who you really are, who you want to be and who you don’t want to be, is nothing that happens over night. It takes several months to years and actually it never stops. But getting to the core of yourself is the best you can do in order to create your dream life. It takes brutal honesty to yourself. It takes courage. It takes time. But when you then know who you are and who you want to become, it is much easier to go after your vision.
I hope the following 10 questions will help you in the process of getting to know yourself:
- What do I consider to be my strengths?
- What do I consider to be my weaknesses?
- Where do I see myself in the next 5 years if anything would be possible?
- What do I love about myself?
- What would make me jump out of bed in the morning, if this could be anything?
- How do I want people who are close to me to see me?
- What is my biggest fear? Is this fear rational?
- What are my core values? How can I live by them?
- Which personalities inspire me?
- How does “the perfect day” looks to me in a world where anything is possible?
STEP 2: OBSERVE YOURSELF, YOUR THOUGHTS, YOUR FEELINGS
After you did the work and got to know your inner self (and trust me, there’s never an end to knowing yourself, it’s more of a process) you can go on with the second step of bringing your vision to life: observing.
Start to observe your thoughts. Are they led by fear? Are they led by desire? Are they led by positivity? How do my thoughts make me feel? How can I control them? I found that when I just observe the thoughts I have without “judging” them I really get an impression of what’s going in inside of me. I then use this insights to focus my attention & mind on good, positive, energizing thoughts.
Example: I’m thinking “My dream life looks so good in my imagination, but I’m not smart enough to bring it to life. And besides, why should I deserve it? I am no one special, I have no special abilities or skills.”
Solution: Shift your mind to “Why not me? Why other people live their dream life while I shouldn’t? There is a perfect alignment for me, too, as it has been for so many “ordinary” people before me.”
Here are some other examples of how a possible shift in your mind could like look:
- “I can’t do it anyways, so I don’t need to even try” –> “What do I have to lose when I try? It’ll definitely enrich me, either way”
- “It’s just so hard”. –> “Is it? Or do I make up in my mind scenarios which will turn out to be much more easier in reality?”
- “What would people think of me?” –> “What do I think of me when I’m not living my best life, when I’m denying myself, when I look back to m life one day and recognize that I didn’t live it to my full potential?”
- “It’s too risky” –> “It’s worth the risk, because the outcome is so much better than I could ever imagine”
- “What if I lose control?” –> “What if not knowing how the future will unfold holds so much excitement, joy and opportunities for me?”
- “What if I fail?” –> “Even if I fail, it’s still a lesson that brings me further and helps me to get back to my alignment”.
STEP 3: START TO EXPERIENCE HOW YOUR DREAM LIFE WOULD FEEL
In order to manifest the life of your dreams, in order to bring your vision to life, you have to start feeling how everything you’ve ever wanted would feel. Either you do this during the day or while using “tools” like for example meditation for it: Get to the point where you exactly FEEL how your dream life would feel.
- How would it feel to wake up in the morning?
- About which things would you be excited?
- How would it feel to have a job that fulfills you?
- How would it feel to have someone special in your life, someone who’s everything you ever wanted?
- How would your everyday life look and feel like?
- With what feeling would you go to bed in the evening?
- Which things would make you happy?
- When would you feel most grateful?
Repeat this process several times until you notice an internal change and until things really start to feel as they already were real. This is the first sign that the Universe is rotating things in your favor to bring your vision to life. Think of everything you want to have in your life, visualize it in front of your eyes and feel how you would feel when it happens. Then, let it all go and trust that the Universe will find the perfect time and way to m make it all happen.
Sounds good to you in theory but you’re not quiet sure if all of this works?
I can tell you: I’ve been through all of this and it does work. Read here if you want to learn how I changed my life and created the best life I could possibly wish for.